Thursday, January 26, 2012

Foster Pottery



It isn’t everyday that something historical happens to me and I have developed a huge interest in history over the last few years. It has come to a point where I read mostly Non-Fiction about events in  my community and Historical Fiction about The kings and Queens of England 1490-1500’s.  On Monday when my dad asked me to go to a historical society meeting for our community I was extremely excited. I don’t know much about the small community I joined about 5 years ago but I knew that everything was somehow interconnected in a town this size. After the seminar, there were books for sale and like I mentioned above I am a book lover. The one I chose was specifically about our town and the potter who worked there 1865-1880. It took less than a day for me to finish the 60 page book and while I was mulling over the details I remembered a piece in my basement, similar to the ones discussed in the book.  A short cleaning session later and an email to the author of the book, confirmed I have an official piece of pottery from the 1800’s. To explain how excited I am to get some a unique piece is impossible, even though my handle is broke on my jug I am hooked. It was a lot of fun finding this piece and I hope to collect more historical pieces soon.

1 comment: